Support and outreach
What is family support?
In the Pudsey Cluster we provide Family Support Services to families with children and young people in schools across, Farsley, Pudsey, Calverley, Tyersal and Swinnow.
Parenting can be a very rewarding experience but it can also be hugely challenging. As our children grow and develop, their needs and behaviour change. Sometimes it can be difficult to keep pace with these changes and there are times when we may need a bit of extra help-from family, friends, community and elsewhere.
The Family Support Team delivers this support either in the home, at school or in community settings. We aim to provide a personalised support service which encourages and empowers parents to overcome barriers which may impact on the lives and learning of their children. We can help in areas like budgeting, family relationships, housing, behaviour, etc. We support families:
- On a 1:1 basis
- Through support groups
- Through Parenting groups
- To access other support services
- 0-19 years in conjunction with Children’s Centres
- Incredible Years Programmes- courses for parents to share ideas and learn together about increasing positive behaviour, building relationships with parents and children and managing difficult behaviour.
- Speakeasy- course for parents to enable them to feel more confident to be able to talk to their children about growing up, body changes, relationships and sex.
- Additional Needs Support Group- a group for families with children with additional needs.
We work in a holistic way, looking at the needs of the whole family. We work closely with local support services to help meet these needs.